It always seems interesting to me when I hear Network Marketers say that they’ve ran through there list and don’t have anymore warm market to talk to, so they get discouraged instead of developing their marketing skills and going out turning cold market prospects into their warm market. Everyone has experience with turning cold market into their warm market, whether they know it or not because I’m sure you’ve been in a relationship before(if you’re not currently in one) and I’m sure you can agree that at one point your mate was cold market and you converted them into your warm market.
I’ve noticed that a lot of people try to hide behind their computers and try to put people into their business without ever picking up the phone and connecting with their prospects. We can’t ever forget that no matter how powerful leveraging the Internet can be for your business, people do business with people that they like and trust, so there’s no way around meeting new people and building a rapport with them.
So with that in mind we have to move as many people through our funnel as possible, online and offline. Most people fear Offline prospecting for MLM for many reasons but let me be the first to tell you, from experience, that when you integrate offline prospecting for mlm and the leverage you get from using the internet something truly magical happens(and you’re going to hear me stress this a lot). Another benefit you get from implementing offline strategies when prospecting for MLM is that you can build a huge organization right in your local area which gives you a higher rate of retention because you can build more of a family type atmosphere for your team members.
1. Finding Local Networking Groups: (Ex. Meetup.com, BNI(Leads Networking Group) and your local Chamber of Commerce.)
With Meetup.com search for your city then put in keywords like home business, network marketing, MLM, Internet Marketing or anything else you have an interest in that’s related to your business. Join those groups that you like and make it your business to attend the events and start networking. You don’t want to be at the event trying to close people on the spot, you just want collect business cards and follow up with them within 24-48 hours while you and the event is still fresh in their minds.
2. Generating Offline Leads: (Ex. Bandit Signs, Post It Notes, Drop Cards, Business Card Fish Bowls at Restaurants etc.)
I’m gone have a link below that will give you access to some more in depth trainings that will go deeper into these strategies and other strategies to use when prospecting for MLM and I’m also gone give you a BONUS Training that I did with my LEADERSHIP T.E.A.M, so for now I’m just gone talk about the Business Card Fish Bowls at Restaurants.
It’s pretty simple… Go to local restaurants and ask if it’s cool if you can sponsor lunch once per month for a business card drawing. Put a fish bowl at the restaurant with the drawing details. It should say something like, “Drop Your Business Card to Enter to Win a FREE Lunch.” Call the lucky winner and inform them that they won a free lunch on you! Find out what they do and ask if they are open to making income outside of what they’re currently doing. Call the other business cards to inform them that they didn’t win and ask them if they’re open to generating additional income as well.
3. Hosting Local Meetings: As you already know, you want to have as many home meetings and hotel meetings going on in your organization as possible, but outside of those meetings, do whatever you have to do to get a local restaurant owner on the team and start hosting weekly meetings at the restaurant. This is good for the restaurant’s business and it’s good for your business. Maybe if you do the fish bowl strategy you can build relationships with local restaurant owners and see if they’re open to generating additional income. HINT: Many restaurant owners are not making the money they were making 10 or even 5 years ago, so most of them will be open to new income opportunities.
4. Basic Prospecting For MLM(Calling Leads): Most people will never pick up the phone, so this alone will separate you from the pack and develop you into an expert when it comes to prospecting for mlm. Here’s is an example of how I would do it:
First and foremost as you already know, when prospecting for mlm, you want to start by Building Rapport….
-Hi, is this (first name)? How are you? I’m calling you because you responded to some advertising I did about generating income from the comfort of you home, is this correct?
- Great! Is now a good time to speak, do you have a few minutes?
-Awesome! What do you do?
-How long have you been doing that?
- Do you like it?
- Have you actively been searching for income opportunities?
- Has something recently changed in your life that has you open to new new opportunities?
- What type of income are you currently accustomed to generating?
- What are your income goals for the next 3 months?
- Because I’m seriously looking for people that are serious about generating a $10,000 per month income, does this sound like you?
- I have a presentation that goes into detail about my company. It’s about 20 minutes. How soon could you spend 20 minutes on my website watching the presentation?
Click here if you need a system to generate quality leads to build your MLM Empire.
5. Building T.E.A.M Synergy & Community: Email or send a text blast to your team when you get a new business partner welcoming them to the team and introducing them to everyone else. When you get a new sign up immediately introduce them to another person in a leadership position, as well as anyone else on the team who is “like them.” Hold contest with your T.E.A.M! If you’re doing local meetings, buy a trophy and engrave, “World’s Best Prospector,” on it. Bring it to your meetings and give it to the person that brings the most guest for the week.
Host Elite calls for team members that hit a certain rank/pin level. MAKE THIS EXCLUSIVE! Talk about it at your team meetings so your other team members will want to be apart of it. Give your team members honest appreciation when they accomplish anything that moves their business forward.
Prospecting for MLM can be a lot of fun if you disassociate yourself with the results because you have no control over the Results, only the Actions!!!
BONUS: Here Is A T.E.AM TRAINING CALL That I Did A Short While A Go For My LEADERSHIP T.E.A.M That Really Helped A Lot Of People Take Their Businesses To The NEXT LEVEL, (BOTH INSIDE MY PRIMARY COMPANY & OTHER MLM COMPANIES).
I Decided To Sale It For $97 To Anyone Outside Of My T.E.A.M, But I’m Gone Give It To You FREE As A Gift For Taking The Time To Read This Post, It Truly Shows That You’re An Action Taker And Serious About Being Successful and That Should Be Rewarded… Just Do Me A Favor And SHARE This Post…… ENJOY!!!
Author & Success Coach
404-447-5919wordpress plugin twitter