Many people are building a list, but they aren’t aware of any effective email marketing strategies to fully monetize that list. This was a huge challenge for me when I got online so I feel obligated to share a few tips that helped me overcome this obstacle that many online marketers encounter.
Simply put, Email Marketing is using email to distribute your marketing messages. Effective email marketing is building a relationship with your subscribers and creating reader loyalty. I learned from a great email marketer, who will be a guest speaker at the Pro Marketing Summit in a few weeks, that the most important component in an email isn’t the subject line, body or any other thing that you may be thinking of. He says, after making 8 Figures, the most important component of an email is the name of the email sender.
I can agree with that, because I’m sure you’re like me and get tons of emails daily(and I ignore many of them), but there are a few list that I’m on that I make it my business to open every email that they send because they always send value. So as a simple formula is Effective Email Marketing = Subscriber Loyalty.
As I stated earlier a good, well run, email list can grow your reader loyalty and following. Hearing from you again and again with high quality content reminds readers of your value, especially if they take your advice and find it works for them. With that being said, the obvious reason why most people try email marketing is because it is extremely profitable. This is because of the following….
1. Low Cost – Communicating via email has many of the advantages of traditional direct mail but with much lower costs. The only thing you really need is an Autoresponder and I highly recommend Aweber.
2. Speed – If you need to you can get a message out to your entire list(no matter the size) very fast
3. Ease (both for you and the reader) – For your marketing to be a success it has to be easy for the recipient, but it helps that email marketing is easy for you too as it means you can do it yourself
4. Push – While blogs are “pull”, in that the visitor has to come to you, with email you can send your messages out, reminding and re-engaging readers
5. Personalized – The more information you collect, the more messages can be tailored and personalized. Email also has the particularly special ability to segment, meaning you can split people off into smaller, more focused lists.
6. Viral – It’s so easy for people to forward your message on to others, spreading further than you could alone.
7. Tracking – Everything from how many emails were opened, through to each individual link click can be tracked, meaning you can hone your techniques and improve performance
8. Testing – Along with tracking, you can test different subject lines, calls to action, use of images, and so on, to further improve your effectiveness.
9. Complimentary – Email does not replace your other marketing activities but compliments them extremely well. Combining multiple tactics can build very profitable marketing campaigns.
10. Opt-In – Perhaps most important, the best email lists are always opt-in, meaning you have permission to contact the person. This permission is very powerful and should not be underestimated. Permission Marketing : Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers by Seth Godin is a great book that I highly recommend.
1. Keep It Simple
- The more complicated you make your email marketing, the less likely you’ll keep up with it. So write short emails, don’t worry about fancy HTML formatting. don’t worry about keeping a tight schedule etc.
2. Deliver VALUE
- Do whatever you can to ensure your readers look forward to your emails. Deliver helpful tools, information and even be informative in your product or service promos.
3. Make Offers
- Without offers, you aren’t going to make any money. Don’t be apologetic about it and be confident.
- For the freebie seekers who complain about being sold to…let them go. You want subscribers who not only enjoy your free stuff but also take your buying recommendations seriously.
4. Treat Your Customers Like Gold
- Your happy customers are your most valuable list of people, so ensure you maximize your opportunities with them.
- Also, take note of which other lists you own that tend to be most responsive and focus your efforts there.
I would love to hear any other effective email marketing tips that you utilize in your marketing so feel free to share them below.
If you’ve received one bit of value from this article leave a comment below and share if you want more content like this.
To Your Infinite Success,
WARNING: Clicking Here will give you INSTANT Access to a PH.D Level Education In Building a Profitable & Sustainable Home Business Empire in the 21st Century! If you earn more than $1,000 per day, please discontinue usage and call your accountant immediately! Click Here at Your Own Risk.
Ever since trying a wordpress plugin free my traffic has trebled.